The Covid 19 pandemic has changed the way we learn language and literature. As traditional classes move into virtual teaching, educators around the world are adapting to virtual teaching and overcoming hurdles as well uncovering the potentials that come with the emergency online teaching. The International Virtual Conference on Language and Literature held by The Language Centre of State Polytechnic of Malang offers platform for educators, administrators, and researchers to collaborate, contribute, and learn about the current trends in the field of language and literature. Under the theme of “Moving beyond Traditional Classrooms to Online Teaching in the Pandemic”, the event will be held virtually on September, 18-19th, 2020. Proposals in the following sub-themes are welcome:
- EFL/ESL materials development in the fully digital world
- EFL/ESL teacher professional development
- Global Englishes
- Language Education Policy
- E-learning development
- Classroom e-management
- Assessment in the Digital World
- Evaluating language learning in the fully digital world
- Literacy development in the digital era
- Fostering second and foreign language teaching creativity and innovation
- Second and Foreign Language Pedagogy
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teacher Education, Beliefs, and Identities
- Creative Teaching Methods
- Alternative Ways of Teaching
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Classroom management
- Reading, Writing, and Literacy
- Practices &Challenges in Online Teaching and Learning
- Innovations in Language, Education, and Culture amid COVID 19 Pandemic
- Corpus Linguistics
- Language, gender, and identity
- Educational Linguistics
- Language and Ideology
- Language and Technology
- Language Planning and Policy
- Language and Culture
- Bilingualism and Multilingualism
- Translation, Interpretation and Language Access
- Vocabulary and Lexical Studies
All accepted research papers will be subjected to double-blind reviewing process and will be published electronically in the conference e-proceedings with e-ISBN. All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book. All the recorded presentations will be available in the official conference website.
Conference Papers for Publication
Rules and Guidelines:
The following points will be detailed at the conference as well.
- Authors/Presenters are limited to two (2) abstracts as primary author or co-author. Each abstract may have a maximum of two (s) co-authors.
- The papers may be up to 7,000 words in length excluding index-bio (longer papers will be accepted – 7,000 is a general guide line). Papers with over 10,000 words must be checked with us first.
- Sample guidelines will be emailed to all those who attend.
- We will provide a video session run by our Managing editor explaining publishing criteria.
Before papers are sent to us, authors are required to do/ take note of the following:
- Do a spell and grammar check
- Do a plagiarism check and notify us of any false positive (many unique papers come up as ‘plagiarized’ on some of the checks even though they are clearly not).
- Do NOT refer to Academia.edu papers as a reference source.
- Paper must not be published an Academia.edu or any other journal, nor is it currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Your paper will be reviewed by two reviewers and any problems will be referred back to you for attention.
- As such we can NOT promise and do not promise any specific publishing date.
- Full paper submissions must be received by October 10. A particular month for publication cannot be granted until our double blind review is complete and any changes necessary have been made.